Friday, September 16, 2005

Lighten Up by C. W. Metcalf

These very funny (sometimes hilarious) tapes are generally designed for the average person to bring more enjoyment, productivity, humor and health to their lives (with a tad bit of scientific data so we can understand the full positive effects of humor). But two of my sisters (who both work in the field of psychotherapy) bought me these tapes after an ever-worsening 24-year marriage had slowly evolved into such a controlling and very abusive relationship that I was so depressed and so afraid of people that I was literally homebound and handicapped. I honestly believe that this very humorous audio set has done more to heal my spirit, my perspectives and my self esteem than five years of therapy would have done!! W.C. Metcalf has taught me how to use humor and an appreciation for the simple joys of being human to completely change my outlook (and my life).. so much so, that I'm ready to start anew, and with a fabulous attitude and wonderfully rejuvenated sense of humor! Although this series focuses mainly on work place scenarios and various inconsiderate jerks in our lives who unintentionally destroy our sense of humor and our full appreciation of life, C.W. Metcalf does touch on his experiences of being an abused child... BUT ONLY to prove that we can all overcome any adversities and learn to enjoy every aspect of living to a much fuller extent... if we just learn to develop a better perspective and rejuvenate our own natural sense of humor (he gives us exercises for this task). I have no doubt that absolutely every human on earth would come to enjoy life more and become a much better, more enjoyable person for themselves and everyone they know by listening to this very wise, entertaining and very funny series of tapes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home